Want Extra Business Exposure? Sponsor LGBT Events!
A great way to contribute to the LGBT business community and to gain exposure for your business is to be a sponsor of GGBA events. Our events include, our annual Power Lunch, networking mixers such as the monthly Make Contacts, and so much more. Grow your business with the GGBA!
Sponsor LGBT Events and Gain These Benefits:
- Exposure to hundreds of new potential customers to promote your goods and services
- Greater visibility of your organization in the community
- Logo and company mention in e-newsletter, social media as well as on the GGBA website
- Logo and company mention in promotional advertising, local press publications, online event calendars, and other media outlets
- Optional guest blog post spotlight featuring your business
Requirements to Host LGBT Events through the GGBA
- Be a member in good standing as an Advocate Level Partner or above. (Please note: hosting a GGBA event does not guarantee exclusive sponsorship of an event. GGBA may add other non-competing Chamber Partners to sponsor an event, with notice.)
- Make Contacts are held on the second Tuesday of the month, with rare exceptions.
- Venue must be able to hold 90-150 people in a central location. Company may host a Make Contact in a venue other than their own. It is preferred that the venue where they host the Make Contact is also a GGBA member.
- Provide, at host’s expense, hors d’oeuvres and beverages (water,soda,etc.) for all attendees, as well as cups, ice, plates, napkins, etc. GGBA will provide wine from its wine contributors. All other alcohol beverages will be provided by host. A cash bar is acceptable if approved in advance. Revenues from a cash bar are for the bar provider. It is encouraged, but not necessary, for the host to provide 1-2 complimentary drink tickets.
- If catering is not being fulfilled in-house, it is encouraged that you use one of our GGBA members. Non-member caterers, and other vendors, may not display promotional material at GGBA Make Contacts. Review our list of GGBA Caterers.
- Provide volunteers to serve beverages and oversee catering stations.
- If possible, standing cocktail tables or tables with seating are preferred, but not required
- Provide two 6’ tables for GGBA check in and one 6’ table for GGBA materials, or similar space.
- Any special event themes must be approved by GGBA in advance.
- Provide microphone and speaker system, if possible.
- Use of any monitors or screens on site to display a slideshow with information about GGBA, upcoming events, and the sponsors.
Suggestions For a Successful Mixer:
- It is encouraged that your company provide interactive opportunities for attendees that promote your business.
- Host businesses should promote their mixer in print, electronic (i.e. email and website), and social media to their own clients, customers, and donors.
- Please use @GGBA or Facebook.com/GoldenGateBusinessAssociation or GGBA.com to include us in social media posts.