Small Business Eligibility Requirements
New Certification! Coming Soon in January 2019!
Small Business for the purpose of Public Works Certification
Effective January 1, 2019, the Office of Small Business and DVBE Services (OSDS) will also administer the new Small Business for the purpose of Public Works (SB-PW) certification. The new certification type was created by Senate Bill 605 (Chapter 673, Statute of 2017), passed in October 2017. This certification type is solely for the purpose of Public Works contracts and/or projects. SB-PW expands the opportunities for small businesses to compete in the public works arena. For the purpose of this certification, public works is defined as in Public Contract Code 1101: An agreement for the erection, construction, alteration, repair, or improvement of any public structure, building, road, or other public improvement of any kind.
SB-PW Eligibility Requirements
In order for a firm to be eligible for the new SB-PW certification, the applicant firm including manufacturers must meet the following requirements:
- Be independently owned and operated;
- Not dominant in field of operation;
- Principal office located in California;
- Owners, Officers, Members/Managers, Partners must be domiciled in California;
- Average $36 million or less in gross annual receipts over the last three tax years (including affiliates);
- A business with 200 or fewer employees (including affiliates)