MINNA TAO joined Recology in August 2011. Ms. Tao was recently promoted to VP & Director of Community & Business Initiatives for Recology. Previously, Ms. Tao served as General Manager for Recology Golden Gate and Recology Oakland and Business Process Improvement Manager at the corporate office. Prior to joining Recology she served as Assistant Controller for United Commercial Bank, Deputy Assessor Recorder for the City and County of San Francisco, Financial Services Manager at VeriSign, and Senior Vice President at Bank of America.
Community, nonprofit and other involvement:
- Chair of the Board Development & Diversity for the San Francisco Chamber of Commerce
- San Francisco Hotel Council, Board Member
- Union Square Business Improvement District, Board Member (2015-2019)
- Chinese Cultural Center (Board Chair from 2015-2018 and Board Member since 2010)
- Civicorps School, Board Member (2013 to 2015)
- NCLR (Chair of the Finance Committee 2009-2013 and Board Member since 2008),
- Project Open Hand (Board President from 2005 to 2007 and Board Member since 2002).
- Equality California, board member
- Alice B. Toklas, board member
- Honored by the League of Women Voters of San Francisco as the Women who could be President – 2016
- Honored by the San Francisco Business Times as Most Influential Women in Bay Area Business in 2016, 2017 and in 2018 inducted to the forever influential honor roll
- Honored by the Friends of the Commission on the Status of Women with the CEDAW Award for Environment – 2017
- Recognized by the San Francisco Chamber of Commerce’s Ebbies’s as the top three finalists for the Businesswoman of the Year Award in 2017
- Honored by the San Francisco Business Times as an OUTstanding voice for the Business of PRIDE – 2019