Power Lunch 2020 Event Management
Released: November 9th, 2020
The Golden Gate Business Association is the world’s first LGBTQ Chamber of Commerce, and a 501c6 non profit. Our mission is to champion opportunity, education, and advocacy for our LGBTQ & Allied business community.
The purpose of this RFP is to select an Events Management company with expertise in managing virtual events with up to 200 attendees and a panel of speakers. The Power Lunch is the GGBA’s signature Annual event which showcases pitches from members, and a member expo.
- RFP responses back to GGBA: December 4th, 2020
- Vendor demos/interviews: week of December 6th, 2020
- Vendor selection: December 15th, 2020
- Vendor start date: January 4th, 2021
Scope of Work
- Assist with designing of the virtual event with pre-recorded sessions, mixed with live sessions
- Manage timing of Power Lunch Program/ speakers by working alongside the event MC
- This includes timing of the Keynote speaker and panel of speakers.
- Help with design of participation packages and fundraising
- Help to manage volunteers with lead volunteers to be managed here.
- Assist with management of fundraising communications and goals
- Coordinating execution of the virtual expo
- Reaching out to member business to exhibit
- Coordinating execution of the Power Pitch
- This part of the event will take place before the event, but should be highlighted during the event
- Reaching out to member businesses to pitch
- Managing A/V needs
- Manage pre recorded video editing
- Manage chat box and breakout rooms
- Streamlining and coordinating of live screen day of the event
- Advise GGBA on necessary insurance needs and execution of insurance compliance measures
- “Lunch” or alternatives based on timing
- Work with member catering companies to have food delivered to attendees
- Help create and send a “goodie bag” to event attendees
- Help manage associated event “Mega Make Contact” with guided networking breakout rooms and a speaker
- Assist with day of social media posting
- Coordinate with communications team on posting leading up to the event(s)
- Event reach – Advise on PR for event
- Schedule and conduct post-event evaluation meeting
- Provide, save and file key event logistics documents, such as timelines, budget, vendor contracts, floor plans, and key communiques
Date/ Time of Event: Second week in May
Submission of Proposals
Please submit a PDF of your proposal to RFPTaskforce@ggba.com. All submissions are due on December 4th, 2020, by 6:00 p.m. PST, and must include the following:
- Letter of interest
- Membership status in GGBA, other LGBT Chambers of Commerce, and/or other LGBT professional associations, and/or other professional associations
- Certification Status: LGBTBE, WBE, DBE, VBE, B Corp
- Hourly fee rates. any/all discounts provided given our 501c6 non-profit status, and any discount you are willing to donate to the GGBA as in-kind donation
- Personal bio and/or profile of your firm with specific, relevant experience for the last five (5) years.
- Three (3) references of current/past clients that would be relevant to the SOW of this project.
Any contract awarded as a result of this RFP will be awarded without regard to age, citizenship, color, creed, physical or mental disability, economic status, education, ethnicity, family responsibilities, gender identity and expression, genetic information, health status including HIV status, height, housing status, marital status, matriculation, national origin, physical appearance, race, religion, political affiliation, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, union membership, veteran status or other unlawful factors, with respect to recruiting, hiring, job assignment, promotion, discipline, discharge, compensation, training and other terms, conditions and privileges of employment and contracting.
Questions concerning this request for proposals should be addressed to RFPTaskforce@ggba.com