GGBA and Public Policy/Public Affairs
The Golden Gate Business Association (GGBA) advocates for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Queer+ businesses at every level of government and business affairs, convening a broad cross-section of the LGBTQ+ business community, and our key allies, to develop and implement policy, establish a clear and persuasive voice in government and business affairs, and play an active role in the city of San Francisco, state of California, nationally and when necessary, internationally.
Key Recent Public Policy Achievements include:
- Bay Area Rapid Transit (BART) – Inclusion of LGBT businesses in procurements
- Valley Transportation Authority (VTA) – Inclusion of LGBT businesses in procurements
- Passage of AB1678 – inclusion of LGBT businesses to CA Public Utilities procurements
- Super Bowl 50 – First-ever inclusion of LGBT businesses by National Football League
- San Francisco LBE Certification – Self Identification as LGBT business status
- Advocated/Won selection of first-ever LGBT business being named 2016 National Small Business of the Year – Equator Coffees
GGBA’s LGBTQ+ Advocacy Partners
The GGBA is honored to be an active participant with the following advocacy organizations:
- California Hispanic Chambers of Commerce
- California Small Business Association
- National Gay and Lesbian Chamber of Commerce
- San Francisco Chamber of Commerce
- San Francisco Hotel Council
- San Francisco Small Business Network (SBN)
- SF Travel
- Small Business California
- Western Business Alliance (WBA)
Our governmental advocacy partners include:
- California Department of General Services
- California Governor’s Office of Business and Economic Development (GO-Biz)
- California Public Utilities Commission
- San Francisco Office of Economic and Workforce Development
- San Francisco Office of Small Business Affairs
- United State Small Business Administration (SBA)
Want to get involved in the GGBA’s Public Policy Committee?
Are you interested in LGBTQ+ and/or small business policy issues? Join the GGBA’s monthly Public Policy Committee Meetings where we address/discuss matter of Civil Rights, Economic Prosperity and Legislation that impacts the LGBTQ+ business community and our allies.
Contact: [email protected].