We are pleased to announce the 2020 NBIC Unity Week! Unity Week will take place November 16-19, 2020, and is a celebration of diversity, opportunity, equity, and collaboration among the leading business organizations that constitute the National Business Inclusion Consortium. Join us for access to exclusive programming focused on building unprecedented success for diverse communities in the United States, and around the globe.
There is not a registration fee for this year’s program and Unity Week programming is available to all stakeholders and friends of NBIC organizations. Click here to learn more and be the first to receive the registration link later this week.
Agenda highlights will include:
- “State of the Union” updates: First-hand accounts of how corporations and diverse business leaders are continuing to make major advancements for our communities, even during these most challenging times.
- Keynote from Finance Icon Suze Orman: Learn top tips for entrepreneurs and hear about her inspiring personal journey to success. USA Today has called Suze Orman “a force in the world of personal finance” and a “one-woman financial-advice powerhouse.” Time and Forbes Magazine named Ms. Orman as one of the 100 most influential and powerful people in the world today.
- Chief Procurement Officers (CPO) Forum: Diverse suppliers and MBEs contributed to the global supply chain during the pandemic crisis, ensuring supply demands were met. They pivoted, were agile, and resourceful. The USPAACC CPO Forum will share success stories, future procurement processes and strategies for shaping the future global supply chain. After the CPO Forum, participants will have an opportunity for a Live Q&A with procurement leadership from major corporations.
- Women Investing in Women: Leading women-owned businesses are pioneers in their field, setting trends, blazing trails, and bringing forth game-changing innovations. Women Who Own It, a WBENC Podcast sponsored by Lowe’s Companies, Inc. for and by women entrepreneurs and their supporters, invites you to listen in as we tell the stories of female founders and business leaders.
- Black Entrepreneurial Experience in America: Where are We? Where do we go Next: an essential discussion on race, equity, and opportunity as we all affirm #BlackLivesMatter
- Match Makers: Connecting small businesses from specific industries (i.e. construction, and energy commodities) and large corporations seeking diverse suppliers for upcoming contracts and business development opportunities.
- NBIC Unity Week Pitch Competition: Brought to you in partnership with PepsiCo and celebrating the 100th anniversary of Women’s Suffrage in the United States: a multi-round elevator pitch competition designed to highlight certified women entrepreneurs across all organizations within the NBIC. The competition will consist of a Video Showcase round open to the public for viewing and voting, followed by a live virtual Semi-Final and Final round where participants will pitch to a panel of Corporate judges for a chance to win grants to invest in their businesses.
The week culminates in a virtual celebration of the annual 2020 NBIC Best-of-the-Best Awards Gala, recognizing outstanding achievement in cross-segment diversity and inclusion, including this year’s cohort of the Top 50 NBIC Best-of-the-Best Corporations for Inclusion.
Any questions: UnityWeek@nglcc.org